Thursday, January 6, 2011

Roof is on and now we are painters- not!

As I mentioned on my last entry we got the roof on Thursday.
The guy helping me got two calls from his girlfriend when up on the roof and within 6 tiles of finishing he had vanished from the property.
Friday night he called , obviously concerned now about his paycheck.
As it a long weekend here still have to clean up from the roofing and haul out the extra bundles of shingles in the truck for a refund I told him to come and see me Tuesday at work and I would issue him a company check.* I was going to pay him cash but ... things can change. *Some one still has to go around and trim the overhangs and true up the eaves, _that must be me again!_




Friday I ran around town looking for and airless sprayer. They were all out despite trying to reserve on Thursday. ( most don't take reservations)
One of the outfits sent me to "Snowbird rentals here and they had one but it was reserved for Saturday.
I asked the mgr if he could rent it to me for 3-5 hours on Friday and he declined saying his reserved clients come first. ----- that cost him $70.00 in rental fees and a client.

I got one at 11:00 on Friday from some very nice folks at Days painting and got on the job about 12:30 pm
I ran 10 gallons of paint by 3:00 PM and cleaned up the machine and had it home by 3:45 PM.
Did i mention I ran out of paint and had to dash out to HD to get another 5 gal. pail during the spraying?

I was a bit tired after that.







I have yet to butter in the big cracks left by my framer between his sheets and the poly but I am working on that as we write.

Wednesday the gas fitter comes.

I am saving a special edition of horrible service re the infra red heater for a separate entry .
Stay tuned on what to watch for ....comming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment