Thursday, January 6, 2011

A little siding makes a big difference

While struggling to get the heater purchased and installed I tackled the vinyl siding . It seems to be pretty straight forward . I set up a cutting station and put a plywood blade in my circular saw backward and it cuts pretty easy. You have to be careful to leave a bit of room between each peice for expansion.


Sorry for the addition now but my buddy and his wife just came in from Mexico for a visit. It's too hot down there right now.

*On with the blog:*

What I'm using is a plain steel (no carbide plywood blade) . Because I have a tendency to spoil myself I have a small metal bandsaw for thicker metals and a larger plywood blade for the table saw.

m-bandsaw

The box affair in front of the shop is a jig to line up my cuts for both the soffits, fascia and my vinyl siding.
there is a bridge for the saw to slide on and the sheets align against the side rails to square them.
By putting a nail in the cut off end I can quickly make multiple cuts of equal lengths without remeasuring.


No comments:

Post a Comment