Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cedar scalloped siding on and light hooked up

At the risk of being seen as slacking off I humbly submit my most recent efforts.
"The Boss' as she has become known let me know that the shop would be best served with a faux frontage to drop the visual height of the building .
To do this I hand cut and milled some 45 lengths of 3/4"cedar fencing into cedar siding, cut and fitted same, marked the lengths with a snap line and painstakingly cut each in the form of semicircle.

Next painted and reinstalled each and every board.
The job took the better part of 8 hours and I suppose looks O.K.
Now she want me to build arches on each side to tie into the siding boards.
I may never get finished .
My gas fitter stood me up for about the 4th time.
He may be in for a bit of disappointment come Tuesday after this long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment