Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ever closer to a plan we can use

I had to teach myself a bit of sketch-up to get his plan off the ground thanks to the felllas that chipped in to make the learning curve a bit shorter.
I'm no good at sketchup but I have managed to get a drawing (stick frame) that represents what I want to do with the shop.

This version of the shop comes about after trying to get the city here to approve my use of about 4 feet of their property. -No luck.
So we will build the shed at 18 feet wide and add a lean to to the side on the property line .
The lean to will house the Dust collector and a small finishing room.






If they choose I will remove (Informed sources tell me that is unlikely.)

I know there are some engineeering gaffs here but sketchup is the boss so I cant fix em just yet.
I had to accomodate a 30 foot fir tree so I needed to reduce the width to let the tree prosper.

So far so good.

I should be able to take off materials list pretty quick now.

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment