Thursday, January 6, 2011

Moving the gardens

Every Little job is becoming a little pain in my back.
This morning I new I had to remove 5 five by five square foot garden retaining walls and move them "temporarly" in front of the construction site.
No big deal right.?
It was an exercise in humility as the old timber had begun to rot after 20 years and had also taken on much water. ( I'm figuring about 300 lbs a piece. ( My wife helped by holding the frames upright while I "skooged" the hulks across the lawn one bowel bursting lift at a time.


Here's where they were at 7:00 am



Here's where they are now 3:00 pm :



Tomorrow I begin the shoveling and sniveling until the soil is moved and the site is leveled.

Did I memtion the 10 foot apple tree that was moved off the site yesterday.

Man O' Man what a hobby!

No comments:

Post a Comment